Sunday, August 14, 2005

WeekEnd

This is the most uneventful weekend i've had in ages.
Why?
1) My dinner date stood me up on Saturday.
2) I've got plenty of readings to catch up on.
3) Stomach's been acting up plenty much.

Saturday
Pretty much uneventful, apart from retail therapy.

Firstly it was the phone i splurged on
But it's most charmingly pretty.
Like ZY said, I'm probably an easy target.
Well, i swear it was screaming out at me to buy "her".
I'm never so decisive until it comes to shopping.
Pretty much like a predator, i zone in on my "prey"
and the rest needless to say is history.
I emerge satisfied. Period.

Indeed, i pondered upon my "hasty" decision,
after reading ZY's comment
(Now ZY is the advertising guru, or i'd like to think he is,
since he's appeared on some TNP news article for some creative award thingy when he was in Poly.)
I wondered what was motivation behind my "hefty" purchase
Could it be that:
a) I need a new phone badly? (Not really, cos the previous one was working just fine, though it could do with a major makeover)
b) The advertisement was extremely convincing and attractive. (Not really, it was just splashes of colours and totally boring)
c) Like what ZY said, I'm just an easy target.

After chewing on it,
I've come to the decision that i bought the phone
Because of the "personalized" concept of the phone
and also it was the only pink phone (am i right?) in the market
Well, Samsung is really kinda smart to play on individuality
I don't know, but have you ever seen something on the shelf
and declare to yourself right at that moment
"I want this, cos it's just the thing i've been looking for a long time?"
I liken it to choosing a supposed "life partner"
When you see a guy/girl,
you think time has stopped, and this person right before you
is whom you'd want to spend your entire lifetime with?
Well then after you possess "it",
you realise that it's pretty much the same as your previous phones. (i.e. boy or girlfriend)
And then the shocking revelation comes when things start to turn sour
when you'll finally discover that he can pretty much belong to someone else too.

It's a weird analogy, but it pretty much sums up how i feel.
Sunday
Church going Sunday
Pretty much the same every week
Sometimes i feel i'm just feeling in a space.
Today, i sat beside an old lady,
maybe in her early 70s?
She was really expressive.
Watching her worship was amazing.
Imagine an old woman, skin and bones
singing songs of worship and praise
in the likes of Blacks, i.e. Sister Act, or any other Hollywood movie with singing Blacks.
Yeah, she had the exact moves
and i was really thinking in my heart
"Careful ah aunty... later your bone break"
But i guess God must be really please with her offering of worship
I just can't, no longer.

After church, we headed off to PS
where i splurged on a pair of X:odus shoes
(yeah the exact pair you have, Socks)
and then Giordano had to have this collaboration with Disney thingy
Jie and I ended up buying Mickey Mouse Tees





Mine's yellow :)


I remember in Secondary school,
someone once "taught" me,
that donnning on clothes from Giordano
was disgraceful
It was considered the "cheapest" brand
and if you were ever caught dead in a Giordano shirt
you'd be condemned.
The stigma still lingers on with me to this very day, sad to say.
I am more often than not, reluctant to buy clothes from Giordano
But i gotta change my mindset, i realise.
For, it is not the clothes that make you.
But what you make of your clothes.

There is something, however, that i must comment on.
Which is, there are seriously some Giordano items
that should be burned at a Big Bonfire.
i) I don't know if you still remember, those Giordano shirts with a frog logo on them. ( I think i used to own them. I mean a Frog mascot? What were they thinking?)
ii) Those ME shirts. You remember? The shirts will be imprinted with this "maze-like" thingy, and there'll be this huge ME in caps, right at the middle of the "maze".
(If you have any, feel free to add to my list)

I watched Bewitched that night.
Yeah, it was quite nicely done,
though not really worth watching on a weekend.
Nicole Kidman is really pretty,
she has that mystical aura about her
probably comes with them blue eyes
and she's just purrrfect for the role.
Of course there's more to it than the magical/fantasy genre
underlying themes of reality vs. imaginary runs deep in the film too.
But it was at least a better way to end my weekend than rotting at home
staring at my notes.

Back to school tomorrow,
really am not looking forward to it.
Firstly, cos' i haven't praticed my recorder over the week
and i'm probably gonna play all wrong notes.
By which, i'm gonna just press the recorder against my lips and pretend to blow air into it.
Also, I've yet to practise saying "Sing----a-----pu------ra-----" for singing lessons
(Tutor says before we sing, must learn to read the lyrics in "sing-song" voice)
Great that lessons end 12:30 tomorrow.
Cos i'm going to Nanyang Girls' for an anniversary dinner.
Shall attempt to take some pics at the event.
It's wonderful to go back to the new campus
which we've never had the opportunity to study in
despite raking in the most money at the NYGH funfair
for the building fund.

Anyway, i'm sleepy
So ciaoz... think i'll stop here.
Monday Blues .... Sighz