Finally, I feel like i've time to pause for a breather.
They say that NIE's supposed to be a breeze of a honeymoon.
Why do i feel like i'm swept into a whirlwind?
Sometimes it feels almost meaningless,
reading up on theories upon theories of Educational Psychology
when the real training ground is really much more complex
than a bunch of lab rats, cats and dogs
tested to derive certain behavioral theories in children.
Yeah Pavlov's Operant Conditioning,
where you can actually condition a dog to salivate at the ring of a bell.
Nah it's not really interesting
when I had to read 5 chapters at one go
just to ensure that i contribute fine to my group project.
Speaking of which, things got really bad at one point,
I was instigated to break away from the group
and form a group with this other guy, just the two of us.
Yeah... but we perservered and persisted
and things are looking on the brighter side now.
For now.... at least.
Boring things aside...
Last night, Say, Mich and I (how bout we call ourselves the chipmunks? after all they're the only 3-some i like) went to Evergreen Lounge to hear Mars' band, Aphrodisiac, play.
The band consisted of 4 young punks, one of them, the lead singer, was exactly a decade younger than me.
It was quite a "cute" performance, considering the fact that
the 15 year old Aussie-Chinese boy was slurring his words the entire night
Definitely, he's in his experimental years. God knows how many experiments he's had,
not solely in music per se.
But certainly I had a good break from my Educational Psychology notes.
Better yet that night, was the food
Cos I guess weekends are the only times i get to eat real junk food
afterall i'm confined to the parameters of jurong and NIE on weekdays.
Not that it was fantastic, Mos burger, not-so-yummy carrot cake.
But it was yet another good break from whatever that reminds me of school.
Oh, I tried the new "Chocolate Affagatto" (Espresso with a scoop of chocolate ice-cream)
and it's yumm-ilicious, and aids insomnia. If you need to complete projects and what nots.
next time i shall try the strawberry flavored one instead.
Your words they seem to carry so much weight
I wished i remained unfazed
It seems my mind is bogged
my thoughts they seem to trail off.
Adulthood is such a pain.