Sunday, October 30, 2005

Seen and Heard

i can't take my mind off you
i can't take my mind off you
i can't take my mind off you

there's a hypnotic quality in this song
that totally blows my mind away
Damien Rice, The Blower's Daughter

and so it is ...

Off my favorite blog... Falstaff wrote:
"Of many magics, one is watching a beloved sleep: free of eyes and awareness, you for a sweet moment hold the heart of him; helpless, he is then all, however irrationally, you have trusted him to be, man-pure, child-tender."

- Truman Capote

I am reminded of an Atwood poem:

I would like to watch you sleeping,
which may not happen.
I would like to watch you,
sleeping. I would like to sleep
with you, to enter
your sleep as its smooth dark wave
slides over my head...

I would like to be the air
that inhabits you for a moment
only. I would like to be that unnoticed
& that necessary.