Thursday, July 28, 2005

Developing Educational Professionals

Why teach?

By learning i will teach, by teaching i will learn.

Lessons proper haven't started yet
but i'm already looking forward to it
though half-heartedly
cos that'll mean the end of lazy days

Today's prelude to "Effective communication skills for teachers" module
has left me excited again at the profound complexities of the English Language

Prof said.
Common mistake 1
The sentence,
"I will repeat my sentence again."
The mistake,
a repetition of meaning. "Repeat" and "again" essentially mean the same thing, omit one of them.

Common mistake 2
You cannot request for something. But you can make a request for something.
Geddit?
"Request" as a Noun can take on the Preposition "For"
Eg. I would like to make a request for the song, "Fly Away", by Corrine May. (Correct)
"Request" as a Verb cannot take on the Preposition "For"
Eg. I would like to request for the song, "Fly Away", by Corrine May. (Wrong)
Eg. I would like to request the song, "Fly Away", by Corrine May. (Correct)

Wonders never Cease...
Learning never stops.