F treats us like kids
makes us show the "L" sign
when we need the Loo
F says that Singapore
hasn't produced it's very own
Pulitzer or Booker prize winner
F says students can't "compose"
a composition in 1hr 30mins
I say our demanding society doesn't even allow
for a minute to pause and reflect
F says we should attempt a Sec 2 writing paper or
be adventurous and do the GCE 'O' Level writing paper again.
F says we can't teach if we can't write.
F says that we can't teach the very good ones to write
because they may already write better than us
and teaching might ultimately ruin them
F says that we can't teach the very weak ones to write
because reality has proven that it is hopeless
but we do not marginalize them
(I'm not sure if there's a contradiction to that)
F says concentrate on the mid-range bulk and Up-A-Grade
F insists we wear name tags in class
stick on tags she made for us
I say it's a really stupid idea
because today more than 3 classmates i know
(including me)
stupidly happily walked out of class,
across the school campus,
with our names pasted across our anatomy.
I dumbly smiled to some familiar faces
who were probably too embarrased to tell me
"Do you want the whole world to know your name?"
F that.