Sunday, July 25, 2004

The Gate Called Beautiful

And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried,
whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful,
to ask alms from those who entered the temple

If this gate did ever exist
I'm sure it appeared contrary to it's name
Imagine "Mr Stump-for-a-hand"
winding up his music box with his other abled limb
Positioned outside the gates of the Istana (i.e. Palace)
Still beautiful?

I think i'm missing the point here altogether though
Today's sermon was about entrusting God with our handicaps
And giving that which we have,
To those who are in need
So am i a GIVER or a TAKER?
Nah... I'm just a bench warmer
Or like what Jie says
A fashion critic ...
Now, that can make for a stand-alone excerpt.

Ok, back to the sermon ...
So a staff in Moses' hand was just an ordinary rod
but in God's hand, it parted the Red Sea
and a sling in David's hand was only a toy
but in God's hand, it killed Goliath
The nails in a carpenter's hand, are merely tools
but nailed into Jesus' hand at the cross,
Bought our salvation
I clasp my hands in prayer
God teach me to surrender
All that i am to You
You still exist in that tiny fragment of me
and You've made me realise
How i love worship and music

Find rest my soul, in Christ alone,
Know His power, in quietness and trust.
When the oceans rise and thunder roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father You are King over the flood
I will be still and know You are God

Heart-to-heart talk with Mel was liberating
When was the last time anyone had any interest in someone's life?
Not me, definitely - Banter is my forte
We ask for the sake of asking surely
How fake can we get?
But with Mel it was different
It came with no strings attached
She just poured out to me
Not expecting anything in return
I knew she just needed someone to listen
So i sat, and i listened
And I shared my own
So she listened
At the end of it all
It's not knowing what is going on in her life that mattered
but the fact that I was there
I remembered how i enjoyed doing youth work
coincidentally lil's blog reaffirmed it

Back to the gate called beautiful,
i'm sure it was beautiful
not in its own right
But it was beautiful because of that miracle which Peter and John performed on the lame man 
Just like how He makes all things beautiful in His time