and we set off for our short get-away trip to Banyan Tree Bintan
I had mixed feelings about the trip because i sort of knew
Dee was going to propose... he preempted.
Funny that i was kinda unsure, cos i didn't want him to propose
under the condition that i was half-expecting it.
I think every girl would want their proposal to be a surprise.
So I tried not to think too much about it and off we went.
I think every girl would want their proposal to be a surprise.
So I tried not to think too much about it and off we went.
It was beautiful weather when we set off
the waters was not choppy and the sun was out and
the waters was not choppy and the sun was out and
I fell asleep on Dee's shoulder for most part of the trip.
When we arrived, we took touristy shots and headed for lunch at The Saffron
During lunch, we could totally see the view of the beach
During lunch, we could totally see the view of the beach
so we decided to head for a swim at the beach
Thanks to Banyan Tree who provided really good service
we could buggy around the island just at a call
we could buggy around the island just at a call
So we decided to buggy back to our villa to change
The beach was lovely, though the waters - a little too choppy for swimming
but we couldn't care less, as we walked hand in hand along the beach
crashed upon by waves, our hearts steadfast in love
Later that evening, Dee let slip of a little surprise he had planned that very night
We were welcomed by our personal waiter



when he rushed me back to our villa to get ready for dinner at 6.30pm
I mean who has dinner so early in the evening right?
Especially since we had such a heavy breakfast that afternoon.
I knew he had something up his sleeve then but couldn't pin it down to what
So, the surprise unfolded at 6.30
when the buggy ride came to transport us to dinner
I was shocked as it was a rather long way
when we finally arrived at this majestic club house atop a mini golf hill
i thought that must be it
but the buggy drive continued on
till we reached this perfect green patch by the beach
crashing sound of the waves against the rocks
light sea breeze
unfortunately
the sun had already set
*bleh*
We were welcomed by our personal waiter
who greeted us "Welcome, Mr and Mrs Paul Tung"
to which i thought was a lame hint dropped by and ordered by Dee
(After the proposal, i double checked... no he's not that ingenious... or lame)
Anyhow, I was pleasantly surprised
because in the day, when we first arrived at the hotel lobby,
there were pictures of these romantic dinner locations placed all around
to which i remarked to Dee...
"Wow, look Dee so romantic."
To which he replied,
"So if you could choose one of these, which one do you want? I think Dinner on the Rocks sound wrong, furthermore, it looks like a wave could wash dinner away."
I said, "Well, i think it's crazy to pay so much for dinner anyway. Prob just for the experience."
Well, who could have guessed
the only picture i didn't notice was Dinner at Eight
which was on display at the hotel's library.
Anyway, apart from the friendly personal waiter,
we were welcomed by a litted pathway
almost ethereal in nature
like those little blue lights
you see lighting up the runway
though the meal wasn't that fantastic
you see lighting up the runway
though the meal wasn't that fantastic
(considering the price Dee paid... in USD)
but it was the best meal i've ever had
the sea breeze,
my best companion ever,
nothing more i could ask for

when the night ended, Dee still had not proposed
so I thought maybe he was not going to do it after all
When we went back to our villa,
i caught him sneaking around before bath
Lo and behold, he was trying to hide the proposal ring in some wooden pot on the bed!?!?
How romantic is that...
Thank God, he was caught red-handes
I mean who wants to retrieve their rings from a wooden pot?!? right?!?
Thank God, he was caught red-handes
I mean who wants to retrieve their rings from a wooden pot?!? right?!?
cut the long story short...
he had no other chance to propose the entire night
which we spent watching DVDs to sleep
next morning, that was when it happened
we were packing up to leave for breakie
when i reminded him to keep the ring properly,
lest it went missing
he looked at it fondly
and closed in on me
finally on two knees
to which i responded in tears
a silent yes
and once again
we broke in tears
both of us
in silent agreement
this special bond we share
and they say the rest is history
till wedding bells ring
Photos taken the morning after (proposal)... with much love